1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions re: Soundstream VRCP-65

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by FlavoredAir, Aug 23, 2018.

1. FlavoredAir

FlavoredAir Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there,

I've got a 2015 Prius 3 w/Solar Roof, and I'm really jonesing for CarPlay. Like many of you, I truly loathe Entune and, as an Apple nerd, I'd really like to replace my radio with something that supports CarPlay.

I've been doing a little research off and on for the last few days, and came across the Soundstream VRCP-65 on Crutchfield (link: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_530VRCP65/Soundstream-VRCP-65.html?avf=Y). I did a quick search of the PC forums and found nothing about this particular radio, and wanted to get opinions about it given that it's such a good deal.

Also, because you folks are bigger experts than me, I was wondering if you could help me figure out if this particular radio offers:

1. Out-of-the-box support for my Sirius/XM subscription (i.e. wouldn't require a new antenna or other equipment outside of wiring harnesses, etc)?
    2. Out-of-the-box support for the existing stock Prius 3 backup camera?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks!

2. 8404HMC

8404HMC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have been looking for a stereo upgrade also Crutchfield has 2 a Kenwood and Pioneer double din's that would fit perfectly in a gen 3 while NOT loosing any functionality of the steering column controls. I believe both have support apple carplay and android, and support for HD radio and XM Radio.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The radios do not support the features of the car, it is the extra interface boxes that convert the Toyota wiring and signals to work with the radio inputs. None of the interfaces support the Toyota satellite receiver. The backup camera is supported, but you may have to splice some wires. Looks like Kenwood radios with the iDataLink interface offer the most extra features (Tire Pressure readout, other Toyota information), the Metra wiring harness looks to be the most plug'n'play.
    iDatalink information for 2015 Prius w/navigation

Metra information, Metra camera cable

#3 ITBland, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  4. FlavoredAir

FlavoredAir Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Awesome, thank you!