1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quick hvac question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JDenyer232, Sep 12, 2016.

1. JDenyer232

JDenyer232 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, i have the gen4 prius 2. The auto setting, does that control the temp, or is it for fan speed only?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    both. just change the temp to your target level, and it will accommodate.

3. JDenyer232

JDenyer232 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, so if the auto button is off and my temp is set to say 72, does that mean it won't regulate it to 72? The reason I ask is that if I turn the heat on in the mornings it kicks me out of auto unless I have the heat come out at the floor. I prefer to have my heat and air come out at the vents but if I select vents it kicks it out of auto. What's kinda of weird though is when it kicks me out of auto the fan still slows down as the cabin comes up to temp. Does this mean that it's still regulating the temperature even though the auto light is off. Thanks in advance for your help.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    auto sets the vent direction as well, unfortunately, and even fresh air/recirc. i'm not sure what it does without auto, maybe a constant stream of warm air based on the temp setting with no corresponding cabin temp to measure against?
    that's what i do, auto off, set the temp to high and work my way down until i'm comfortable, constantly adjusting the fan speed and vents. same with a/c.

JDenyer232 likes this.
  5. JDenyer232

JDenyer232 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you so much for your help, I like your idea of just leaving it off auto and adjust until I'm comfortable. Again thanks.

bisco likes this.