1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quick question for tint experts

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by krazypriuslady, Apr 12, 2012.

1. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Today's groupon is for all window tinting and 2 exterior details for $99.
    Minus $15 for using Discover card.

They use a solar gard 2 ply film with lifetime warranty.

Sounds like a no brainer to me

Is there anything I should find out before jumping on it?
    Maryland allows 35%. What tint do I add, knowing there is some already.

Thanks
    :)

2. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do they do all 9 windows? And do they offer labor in the lifetime warranty? If so, that's a good deal given the job is done properly. But then again, I just did a review search on solar gard, and it seems a lot of people have been able to get a full solar gard tint for around $90 installed.

3. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    really? where?

I jsut talked to them- it's $20 more for the extra 3 little woindows and $20 more for computer cut. ALso the warranty is only at the shop, not nationwide. But, I don;t plan on moving in the next 7-8 years and we'd probably get a new car then (@ retirement)

Basically I've been calling around for 2-3 weeks and the best price I can find is about $200

4. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just did a quick google search, and random people online have said the same price for solar gard, so idk which shops. But out of the reviews I've seen, none were bad for that brand. But keep in mind that each brand has different lines of quality.

I was told by my tint guy not to get computer cut because some jobs need professional human alterations to make it fit perfectly. If your tint guy is good, he doesn't need computer cut.

But yes, if labor and parts are covered, then you're good. And $120 for all around is still a good deal.

1 person likes this.
  5. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks pookie, I went for it
    I hope it doesn't take too long to get the appointment. I'm sure they are slammed with the results from groupon