1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dirt657, Mar 10, 2019.

1. dirt657

dirt657 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Driving down to San Diego. Of course the one time I don’t bring my Mini VCI cable and tools I get a red triangle. Had no other option other than to to into autozone to pull the codes and I have:
    P2601: coolant pump control circuit range/performance
    P0A93: Inverter cooling system performance

My question is these codes are both for the inverter coolant pump, correct? I want to make sure one isn’t for the inverter and the other for the gas engine. I’m without tech stream driving home to the central coast from San Diego and I want to make sure I don’t have 2 pumps going bad. Thanks for your time as always, whoever you are. I hope your week end has been as pleasant as mine. -Cole

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I believe the 2601 is for the heat storage pump at the storage tank. The 93 is normally associated with the inverter cooling pump behind the driver headlight. Odds are slim they both failed at the same time. More likely something in common with both has failed.

3. bobodaclown

bobodaclown Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My money is on the inverter cooling pump. Take off the fill lid and see if there's movement in the liquid.

4. dirt657

dirt657 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will when I get back to my place. Of course the CEL and the red triangle came off today driving back