1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

R.I.P. iPod! Should I get a Touch?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Jan 10, 2010.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its called...umm...hmmm... its a Mac program...ummm...well, right now, my Mac is being borrowed and wont be back for a while. of the 4 i pods i have, only one is Mac based the others are windows based.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm 90% sure that I've spent $0 on iPhone apps after having my iPhone 3G for >12 months. If I'm wrong, I've spent <$10 even though I've run into the 11 page app limit a few times.

I'm floored by the change of heart daniel's had from "lots of cool apps, probably none of which I have any real use for" to spending a whole bunch of money on apps already.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :D :D :D

I've spend $40:

The two Audubon field guides (mammals, and flowers) were $10 each. Worth it if I am actually able to find the things I see while hiking. Otherwise, I've donated money to a good conservation organization.

Ten bucks for an album of boogie woogie piano, because I didn't have any boogie woogie and I like it. Really makes you shake your booties.

Seven bucks for Fritz Chess, which is a good contender for strongest chess program out there. I have LONG wanted a portable chess machine with tolerable graphics (i.e. recognizable, not fancy, pieces) that would not make noises to disturb the person next to me. A month ago I'd have paid $50 for a stand-alone portable chess machine, so $7 for a really good chess app is cheap!

A buck each for a few games, including Doodle Jump, which is fun.

And a bunch of free apps, including Screen Cleaner. A portable device can get dirty or smudged. An app that cleans the screen is useful. And being free, the price is right. (There's also a pay version that has more different cleaners. Not really necessary, just a bit of variety.)

Hey, I NEEDED a player to replace my dead iPod, and this thing is better than the Nokia N800 for email and light web surfing, and the apps will provide some entertainment for travel at almost no weight. It's true, though, that I don't NEED any of the apps. I'm pretty happy with it so far, though I'm still in the stage of playing with the new stuff.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If anybody here can listed to Boogie Woogie Kid without dancing, I'll eat my hat. (Or I'll call them a liar. :D )

Available on CD or from iTunes (I don't know how to create a link to an item in the iTunes store, but if you search on "Boogie Woogie Kid" it will come up). Note that there are three listings, two of which seem to be for the same album, and the third to another (also fabulous) shorter and less expensive album called "Classic Boogie Woogie" and also by Boogie Woogie Kid (Matthew Ball).