1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rabbi Sues, Christmas Trees Removed from Airport.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Dec 11 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]360380[/snapback]</div>

<span style="font-family:Comic">100% Who can diagree with that?

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Dec 11 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]360689[/snapback]</div>
    Ironically, the rabbi who is making you get your pampers all dirty agrees with you, too. He never asked for the trees to be removed. He is as upset as your are that they have been. Of course, that wouldn't give us a reason to go to a bar with Mel Gibson and have a nice evening of Jew-bashing, so we kind of forget a few facts in the story...

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 11 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]360399[/snapback]</div>
    Phewwww! Finally someone I can disagree with. Some feel that the Christmas tree symbol can be traced all the way back to Jeremiah in the OT. Most incorrectly identify the cutting down of a tree and decorating it as Pagan which it is not. The Bible identifies the Saints as Trees and specifically the Cedars of Lebanon. YOMD (Your Opinion May Differ) :)

Wildkow

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Dec 11 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]360660[/snapback]</div>

Saddling... ..."collective guilt".

How ironic...

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ADL Response to the Port of Seattle Decision to Remove Christmas Trees:

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jmadison @ Dec 11 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]360479[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, Holiday is a divertive of Holy Day and the Jared2's among us would have a snit fit. Not to mention sharing their profoundly offensive insight about the intellectual capacity of Billions and Billions of people on this small blue ball.

;)

Wildkow

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My $0.02 worth

Got to agree with David here. SEA-TAC was just a bit stupid on this, someone there has watched one too many episodes of ORielly.

Here's a bit of humor on those lines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-H4nxHj1o

8. Mystery Squid

Of course, the Rabbi shares 0% blame in all this... :rolleyes:

Rabbi's are usually pretty smart guys, I do find it a bit difficult to believe he went into this not thinking about the array of possible outcomes to his actions.

...and on the flip side,

It does say something interesting about the airport though, to credit the "J-side", they choose to take their time in removing Christmas trees rather than put up a menorah...

...again though, let this be a lesson to the Jewish community, you guys really need to be more calculating when it comes to doing things like this, and control the perception that will ultimately be transmitted... as I've said before, the damage is already done, picture of scary looking Rabbi, Christmas trees taken down, that's all the masses need...

...how come you guys never pull off stunts that make the masses say, "Hey, they're not so bad after all...."....?

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 11 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]360614[/snapback]</div>
    Too late its already been done.
    WIldkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Dec 11 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]360710[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! Now that was funny. "Lady of the Night" "Lady of the Night" "Lady of the Night" :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 11 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]360712[/snapback]</div>
    They're too busy trying not to be blown-up by bomb toting Granny terrorist.

Oh and also trying to correct stories that incite anti-semitism such as the one mention in this topic. Leave it to the Media.

Wildkow

10. Stev0

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 11 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]360712[/snapback]</div>
    How come you guys never pull off stunts that make the masses say "Hey, maybe there's one or two Christians out there who AREN'T pedophiles?"

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 12 2006, 12:30 AM) [snapback]360733[/snapback]</div>
    touche...

I guess we're both f'd....!!!!

12. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 11 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]360712[/snapback]</div>
    They do all the time. Every day. They're called Jack Benny. George Burns. David Cross. Mel Brooks. Rob Reiner. Rodney Dangerfield. Danny Kaye. The Marx Brothers. Gilda Radner. John Stewart. Ben Stiller. The list goes on and on...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewis...usiness_figures

13. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 12 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]360742[/snapback]</div>
    er, sort of, in a comedic sense I guess...

...I'm going to be blunt here...

They need to be taken seriously, and not as threats. Let's face it, non-Jews generally don't like Jews, it's just the way it is. On top of that Jews have this penchant for being able to unite the most unlikely characters. If there's one people that can effectively make the Grand Wizard of the KKK, shake hands with the leader of the Black Panthers, who in turn shakes hands with the head of Palestine, Bin Laden, Hitler (post mortem), and Stalin, it's the Jews.

Yet throughout time, throughout the periodic attempts at annihilation, they just haven't gotten it. They need to spend ( :lol: ) sorry, couldn't help it! lol)) money on "grass roots" campaigns, even if they don't really mean it. I'm talking set up some community center to help (insert race here) in NYC, pay for some black kid's college education somewhere, that sort of thing, the masses are dumb, they need to see stupid, meaningless grass roots crap like that that make them go, "aaaawwwwwwww". Or to put it another way, look what happened in WWII, they spent no money on good PR, and instead, that money got taken from them, and gas chambers were built with it.

...and that's gotta suck.

The solution is for all the top Jews to get together, and spend money for PR campaigns across the nation, or even around the world, to keep the gentiles at bay. Better to spend now than let history repeat itself YET AGAIN.

There, I hope this post qualifies as some sort of MITZVAH.

:ph34r:

14. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Dec 11 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]360707[/snapback]</div>
    What's a divertive? Something that diverts? Seems that's what everybody is doing. Diverting attention from the point. If some Far Eastern religion with a big population surrounding Happytown, USA manged to get a permanent Sacred Cow statue installed at their airport, do you think Liberty University might not send a phalanx of protesters to the main ticket counter demanding its barbecue? Or are Christians a protected and super-special breed who can offend anybody they please with their insensitive actions?

I don't think, BTW, there were too many pine trees in Jerusalem. Jesus didn't eat hard-boiled eggs on the third day either, from what I've researched. Catholics don't have a single tree-statue in any of the thousands of churches I've visited. There is no St. Tree. The Cedars of Lebanon, Sam and Alice, were just a nice Kentucky couple.

"Let's face it, non-Jews generally don't like Jews, it's just the way it is." quoth the Squid, in a most conciliatory manner.

Well there you have it! Free speech at its finest. (Which I will defend until my death blah, blah, blah....) My Italian relatives used to say things like that until they met my wife, of the particularly odious New York variety. Now she tells them awful Italian jokes ("Two wops walk into a bar....") and they make fun of her tribe, all the while laughing and getting along just fine.

"Yet throughout time, throughout the periodic attempts at annihilation, they just haven't gotten it." the solicitous Squid continues.

You're right! You'd think that a people who had suffered 6 MILLION murdered might have picked up on the fact that there are an amazing number of folks out there looking for scapegoats for anything that goes wrong in their lives. Especially among the "top Jews." (You know who THEY are.)

"It sure as hell isn't my fault I'm not a success in life. It must be those damned hard-studying, Nobel winning, top-of-every-profession-you-can-name Jews who are responsible for me being a bag-boy at Ralph's at age 45. And when I get through with them I've got my eye out on the Koreans! The garlic-breath job-stealers!"

You ever thought of going into the diplomatic service, Squid? For the Iranians? You've got a knack....or something......

15. Stev0

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Everybody also hates Gays, Blacks, Arabs, Latinos, Muslims, Scientologists (OK, that's for a good reason), Atheists, Agnostics... the list goes on and on.

The problem isn't any one group. The problem is people love to hate people who are on another team.

As usual, Tom Lehrer said it best.

16. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If I were to have initiated this topic, I'd either put just the link, posted the entire story, and without my OP/ED. In the instance of this thread, a very incomplete account about the Rabbi was given to promote vitrol against various faiths and beliefs - FU over kumbyah. {sigh}

The real issue of the story is lawsuits. Like shotguns, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons, they tend to be blunt weapons with unintended consequences. I might understand the Rabbi's objection if the airports display was a Manger display, but the Christmas tree is more neutral, secular....it was a bit sensitive to take offense at the tree, then threaten a lawsuit.

America is the most litigious nation on earth. I can think of several instances businesses will withhold services out of fear a few will use the lawsuit weapon. If you ask a question and there is a remote possibility of legal action, bussiness accociates will often say nothing.

The real story: Airport puts up a Christmas tree that for years has not offended. A suggestion to make it multi-faith might have been accomdated, but the mention of a possible lawsuit, gets the airport paranoid (as many businesses do). All the airport was trying to do was generate good will and they saw the Christmas tree becoming a legal landmine with the potential of verious groups making demands. The removal of the tree was a business decision which was very predictable considering our litigious atmosphere.

17. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 11 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]360765[/snapback]</div>
    >>>...I'm going to be blunt here...
    Let's face it, non-Jews generally don't like Jews, it's just the way it is.

Gaaaaaaahhhhhh! I give up...

>>>The solution is for all the top Jews to get together, and spend money for PR campaigns across the nation, or even around the world, to keep the gentiles at bay. Better to spend now than let history repeat itself YET AGAIN.

Spoken with apparently genuine ignorance of all the efforts, monetary and otherwise, that have been made by various Jewish groups and individual Jews in support of various African-American causes, most strongly in the 60's and 70's, but continuing to the present.

Redemption through an eternal PR campaign? Goodness, why haven't the Mongols since the time of Genghis Khan thought of that? (Obviously, there were "good" Mongols, right? At least a few? Why some of my best friends...)

I sincerely hope that Dr. Berman, IsrAmerPrius and other Jewish PC members will take Squid's novel proposal to heart, and use their connections (all Jews have 'em, right?) to make it happen.

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 11 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]360785[/snapback]</div>
    I meant derivative LOL! Was in a hurry the wife and I were headed out for dinner and I didn't even double check the words after spell checking. Never know what its going to substitute especially when your spelling is as atrocious as mine!

No my good "spelling nazi" friend I don't know how you got that from the little sentence about "Holidays" but you have fallen into the same labeling trap as many other Christian haters on this board. You roll them all up into one bundle and label them as insenstive or stupid or <favorite label>. That is my rub and one constantly condoned in the face of the much much greater good that Christians do all over the world. Name another group of people that donate more money and time than Christians. This largess goes out to all groups of people not just to Christians, to all groups of people without bias.

Happy Holydays

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 11 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]360691[/snapback]</div>
    I long ago outgrew [P]ampers and have now graduated to Depends. I'll thank you to not spread such vicious rumors as this to the general public at large. Oops speaking of large! I got a warm squishy feeling happening right now! :blink:

Wildkow

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 11 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]360538[/snapback]</div>
    Explain please?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Dec 11 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]360660[/snapback]</div>
    Agree.

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 11 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]360765[/snapback]</div>
    Explain to me what is a "top Jew"? Are those the ones wearing hats? Are those the taller ones amongst us? Are those the ones with all the money? Are those the ones who control everything? I am interested in your definition.

And do you really think that by spending money we can prevent another Holocost from happening again? Is it your belief that another Holocost will happen again? And if one does start to happen, what would you do?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in answering my questions.