1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

radar cruise control problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by AIRDRIVERUSA, Dec 14, 2017.

1. AIRDRIVERUSA

AIRDRIVERUSA New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello all...thanks in advance for your help...i am a new 2010 prius owner with a prius v...was utilizing radar cruise control last night on a small trip...was working fine until i switched to radar mode instead of regular mode. so i turned cruise control off...then i turned it back on because radar cruise control is default mode...when i went to set speed, prius slammed on brakes as if it was seeing something in front of me when there was not. immediately after setting cruise control it would brake heavily...i then tried lane keep assist...as you know, lane keep assist has two automatic modes: one mode only works with the radar cruise control working and the other mode should work without cruise control on...well neither mode works either. DOES ANYONE ON HERE HAVE A CLUE WHY THIS IS HAPPENING??? HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE??? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can you take a picture of the front Toyota emblem of your car? If the car has been in a front end accident and the wrong emblem is installed, it would do that.

1 front end accident
    2 wrong emblem

2 possible causes

3. AIRDRIVERUSA

AIRDRIVERUSA New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hey. Thanks for the reply. I do not know how to put a pic on here. It is a one owner car...it has no damage history and it just started doing it. I did get the car detailed...could they have done something with it then? Does the camera up near the rear view mirror have anything to do with this system? Thanks again

4. AIRDRIVERUSA

AIRDRIVERUSA New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Figured it out

Attached Files:

5. kimusabi

kimusabi New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Premium
    Yes, the camera behind the rear view mirror is part of the assisted driving system. Make sure there is nothing obstructing it.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well were you following anyone when you set the DRCC? It has 3 following distances (and the default is LONG) so if you were following someone closely, it will slow down to increase that distance. You can change the distance setting with the silver buttons on the steering wheel (next to the LKA button).