1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

radiator fan relays 1 and 3 keep blowing

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dusty rug, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Dusty rug

Dusty rug Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    i have not thought about that, ill go get a new one today and do a little test drive, ill report what happens

2. Dusty rug

Dusty rug Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    alright sorry for the long time of not replying, anyway i took my prius into the shop and they determanded that my water pump is malfunctioning based of irregular RPMs, after i replaced my waterpump all of my problems went away. so in all i guess i should have tooken it into the shop to get tested once i seen it was to much to deal with. thanks for your help guys

3. Dusty rug

Dusty rug Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    i took my prius into a mechanic that specialized in hybrid cars to get a full test done to nerrow it down, and it turns out my water pumps RPMs are lower then they should have been, luckly they detected no combustion gasses in the coolent system, so after i heard that i orded an new water pump and installed it a few days ago.

i then drove 400 miles to test it over the last few days, going to places i know would make it spray my anti freeze everywhere. it seemed to have fixed my issue, even tested spinning both the pumps side by side, the OG pump was harder to turn then the new one by an large digree so im guessing that was my main issue.

thanks guys for getting me to take it in since i was very worried about my head gasket, the mechanic even told me that it sounded like an head gasket problem but after an hour of testing they found everything was okey beside my pumps RPMs being too low, they told me that they have never seen that before in a prius so i guess im just freaking lucky.