1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio automatically switches to my windows phone songlist

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by ted yu, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ted yu

ted yu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I just bought a Prius C last month. There's been this problem that's driving me crazy. I have a windows phone, nokia lumina 520. I have the bluetooth set on for the phone.

It works well, and this is the first car I have where I can talk on the phone through the speakers/radio.

The problem is that the car automatically switches into my windows phone music list, whenever I get into the car about 30 seconds into driving. I have gone into the settings to turn bluetooth music settings off. It always turns on for whatever reason.

Even if I start my car, and go into the radio to turn off the bluetooth music setting, it will automatically turn on in 30 seconds. Whatever radio, CD, I am playing in my car will turn off and I will get a screen that it is playing from my phone. Since I have no songs on my phone, this screen is blank.

Anybody have encountered this problem before or can refer me to a thread about this?

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The new 3.1.0 version of the Entune software, recently released, addresses this issue for the iPhone, and it may be the same for your Windows phone. See this post from Erica at Team Prius:

Entune update 3.1.0 | Page 4 | PriusChat

You can check the version of Entune in your car by going into the Setup menu, then General, then scroll down to the bottom to System Information and open it. If you see anything lower than 3.1.0, tell the dealer you need the Entune update - it's free and should take only a few minutes to install.

HotDogWater likes this.
  3. ted yu

ted yu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I just went to the dealer and they recommend I get entune on my phone. However, there does not appear to be entune for windows phone (only iphone and android). Is there a fix for this without installing entune?