1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio Head Screen White Upon Start 2013 Base Model

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusTennesseePrius, Aug 25, 2022.

1. PriusTennesseePrius

PriusTennesseePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Greetings! Upon turning on my 2013 Prius, the radio touch screen is white with pink and yellow writing/graphics and the touch screen doesn't work. After a few minutes of the car being on, the screen goes back to normal and is useable. This happens throughout the day.
    What is the cause? Could it be my small battery going bad?
    More importantly, what do I need to do to fix this?
    A dealer suggested a software update. Another dealer said NO to the software update.
    If replacing the head, should I go with aftermarket, and if so, will I get the same features available as the OEM?

Thanks in advance! Jen

CaptainZen likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Most of the aftermarket OEM looking things that I have seen from China and various other places you will lose something with all of them I couldn't tell you what with each model some of them are very enticing getting you up to a 9-in screen from 7:00 etc etc more higher definition screen it dumps the XM radio you still have HD radio some you can have modules to have XM or Sirius or whatever if you want and various and sundry other things a nice GPS that's updatable over Android or what have you. But these cars are so popular at LKQ in the salvage places you should be able to find a head unit and quite good shape people are wrecking these cars left and right