1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by melye128, Feb 6, 2014.

1. melye128

melye128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello..I have a new 2013 prius Three and lately have been having difficulty with my radio. I am wondering if anyone here could help me or if it is something that I need to take in and have looked at. Within the past week everytime I plug my Iphone in to listen to my iPod my controls on my steering wheel work in a weird way. For example if I am listening to a playlist on my iPhone and want to skip to the next song, when I hit the steering wheel control to do that the radio shows the iPod icon and spins and then just picks a random song from my iTunes library. This also happens when I am listening to pandora through my iPhone..if I hit the next button it stops pandora and switches to my iTunes library even if it isn't open.
    Has anyone else had a problem like this and should I be concerned that I have something wrong with my radio. Everything as far as entune works fine. I haven't used navigation in a few weeks so I am not sure of that as of right now.
    Any advice or help would be appreciated. I know it is nothing major but annoying none the less.

2. melye128

melye128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Can anyone provide any insight. Now my iPhone won't work at all when plugged into the USB cord in the car. When I put in iPod mode it just continues to say loading. It works in Bluetooth mode but keeps switching itself to iPod mode. Also when I get a call that comes through the head unit now, it will only display the phone number not the name. On my phone it will display the name. I am going to call toyota today but thought I would check here one last time to see if anyone else experienced this and what had to be done. It is just frustrating because I love my prius and paid extra for the model with touch screen navigation, now I am wondering if I should have just bought a cheaper model and put in an after market head unit.

3. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    deleted org message..

sorry I didn't read it thru

4. melye128

melye128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do you mean? Like unpairing it and then Pairing it again?

5. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Use the dash on-screen buttons and not the steering wheel to control the iPhone. I have no problems doing it this way. My phone only shows the number and not the name in contacts in the on-dash screen.

6. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Check if your iPhone music is set to shuffle. Also, check your headunit if it's set to shuffle.

7. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There is no support for 3rd party Apps.. with regards to Panadora, issuing a next track command will control local ipod music.

with regards to next track randomly playing a different song, please see if u set shuffle on.

Can you tell us if you are on iOS7.0.4 running on Display Audio and Navi system?

8. melye128

melye128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How do you check to see if the head unit is set to shuffle? I am running ios 7.0.4. I am not sure what you mean about display audio, but I do have the navi system.

9. melye128

melye128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Also my phone has always showed the names before and not only the numbers on the head unit

10. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    From either iPod or Bluetooth screen, touch "Options". If the box next to Random is checked, then you're in shuffle mode.

11. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The caller's name will show on the screen if it's stored in the Prius "Contacts". If it shows on your phone but not on the screen, then it means the caller's information has not been uploaded from the phone to Prius "Contacts".

12. melye128

melye128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok thanks for all your answers I will try your suggestions and hopefully they will work. Has anyone answered yet as to why when it is in iPod mode and I skip to the next song it just will say loading and not play another song?

13. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Can you tell us which button on the steering wheel were you pressing to skip to another song?