1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radio/Navi codes

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by snavarrette, Sep 18, 2013.

1. snavarrette

snavarrette Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I purchased my 2010 Prius used, I'm going to upgrade my 12v battery to the yellow top optima. I was just wondering if the Navigation & Radio have codes to reset after the new battery is installed?

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Try posting in the Gen III forum to get better/faster answers. This is the forum for the Prius v (wagon). I don't remember hearing about entering codes after battery disconnect on the whole Toyota Prius line. But I'm not 100% sure about the need for codes.

A search on Optima or Battery should get you to a good thread that will detail your install.
    Link to my search; Search Results for Query: Battery optima install | PriusChat
    Link to good thread; my experience installing elearnaid's 12v Optima battery | PriusChat

Lastly, WELCOME TO PRIUSCHAT. Glad you joined our great hybrid forum.

3. snavarrette

snavarrette Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Chazz8, will do!

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It is recommended to provide 12v power while changing the battery, usually from the front "jump" location.