1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rain Tracker installed - do you hear a "click" each time wipers wipe?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by talkin73, Mar 14, 2015.

1. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just had this installed and really like it. Works better than rain sensors in my wife's ES350. I hear a "click" every single time the wipers begin to actuate coming from under the dash. Happens every single wipe which is annoying. No sound when I turn off the rain tracker and let wipers actuate using wiper stalk controls.

Does everyone else have this sound and is it normal/expected? Any way to reduce or eliminate this sound? Thanks for any feedback.

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    The installed kit must have a relay that close a circuit to activate the wipers, hence the noise you complaint about

3. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks. Makes sense. I was hoping there would be a way to eliminate the sound though unlikely if it's the relay :) Sometimes I hear it over my music which is a bit distracting.

If anyone has this installed and does NOT have a click with each wipe, would be useful to know.

4. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Can you take a picture of the device? I'm curious about it, but the rain tracker website has absolutely no images of their products.

5. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The only thing at all visible is the very small sensor on the top center windshield and that's it. It's run through the headliner with only a about an inch of the cable visible where it comes out from the rear view mirror on my Gen3 IV. Have you looked on Amazon because they have pics of the parts for the Raintracker RT-50A? Not much else to see except the sensor which practically looks as factor as my wife's ES350 wiper sensor. I don't do the install stuff myself so if you were looking for install pics under the dash that is not something I have. Hope this is useful.