1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rain, Wind, and Snow Tires = Less than stellar MPG

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by WiscPriusc, Dec 16, 2012.

1. WiscPriusc

WiscPriusc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Had moderate rain and wind yesterday with temps in the mid-forties. All these factors together = 41 mpg at 70 mph (wipers and defog on). Still, way better than a non hybrid. On the way home, rain stopped, less wind, back to 48 mpg. I am getting 51 mpg on sunny calm days with snows on - cannot complain.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes.:( no.:p

3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just wait until warmer weather arrives, you'll start to see some fantastic mileage.

F8L likes this.
  4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I'm so glad I got my car during mild weather and got to see what it can do in the summer. Because I would be quite disappointed right now if I had just purchased it. But I know better, and I know it's still better than my last car (and most other cars). The bad weather hurts their mileage too, we just don't notice it as much...

5. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey, I got 47 average on my last hybrid. That number in the winter=awesomeness. Interested to see how things go when it gets in the typical really cold spell in Feb/March-ish.

6. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm seeing winter tanks in the low to mid 40's. With my last vehicle, I would be lucky to see 21 MPG in the winter so it's great! My MID historical display is telling me that I am saving close to $200 a month is gas. Still, although I should logically be happy, there is something psychological about the magic 50 MPG number.