1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Random Cargo Area/Tonneau Cover Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jk823, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jk823

jk823 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2009 Prius but have yet to take delivery of it yet. I have some boxes I will be moving around and wanted to cover them with the tonneau cover when I was not in the vehicle.

I was wondering can anyone let me know the approximate height from the floor of the cargo area to the top of the closed tonneau cover so I can make sure the boxes will fit?

Also I heard there is under-floor storage in the cargo area. What are the approx. dimension of that area. Is that where the spare tire is?

THANK YOU!
    J

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have my car or my tape measure with me at the moment, but I can answer some of your questions.

The spare tire is under the hidden storage area, and can be accessed by lifting out the plastic tray. You could fit a taller box under the tonneau cover by taking the floor section right out, instead of simply folding it out of the way. You'll gain the most room by taking the cover out and folding the seats down, or you may find some boxes will fit in the back seat. If you're worried about stuff being visible, a 'beware of snake' sign on the window should be helpful. ;)

3. GusTheCat

GusTheCat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    14.5" from carpet to tonneau. If you allow the tonneau to hump like a piece of tarp, you have another 2-3" in the middle.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I stow my 17" computer below deck. The space can handle an attache' case or 2 or a small suitcase but not much more depending how accessible the stuff needs to be.