1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rates for drain and refill for Prius transmission?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ETP, Jul 23, 2020.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We came very close to scrapping daylight bombing.
    Churchill had just about talked FDR into joining them in night bombing before Hap flew Gen Ira Eaker in with a one page paper outlining America's position on the matter.
    Basically, the idea was to bomb them around the clock straining Germany's air defences and war manufacturing to the breaking point, and we had to do draw the Germans off of the Russies before they got into Moscow.
    It almost didn't work.
    The losses were so horrific that we came to within a whisker of giving up on the idea.
    People like LeMay started noodling things out and we held on juuuuuuust long enough to manufacture enough planes and pilots to 'make the rubble bounce.'

Not exactly Egg Nog but hey....'tis the Season.
    As mentioned above $199 isn't robbery, but the main thing is that you want it done RIGHT.

My latest GMC came with a 'free' oil change, and the dealership is only 3 miles from the house.

I did it myself, for two reasons:
    1. If a product is 'free' YOU are the product.
    2. "Free" gets to be expensive if the least experienced hourly employee over-torques a bolt - or the filter...over fills the sump, uses bulk oil, or any of the other hundred or so things that I've read about in this forum that happens every day.

No thanks.
    I will be old enough one day to have to rely upon someone else.

NOT today.

mjoo, Tande and Doug McC like this.
  2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),24 Venza Limit,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Upside down, reverse, and inside out question!
    Can you use WS in any other branded vehicle?

Also, any part numbers for the crush washers and are they all the same?

Side issue! I told my Marine son that more airmen were killed over Germany than Marines in WWII. He was not surprised.

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Most Marines wouldn't be.
    This is because people out on the sharp end of the stick usually KNOW a thing or two about a thing or two.
    Still.....they have their biases and Marines tend to think tactically rather than strategically.
    That's what we PAY them for.
    I used to school my Marine brethren on the battle of Guadalcanal, where 3x more sailors died than Marines.
    They used to counter that it was because if ineptitude (or, more charitably, a steep learning curve.)

However (comma!) a Dubbaya is a Dubbaya.
    We lost 29 hulls and TOO MANY of sailors.
    THEY lost 38 hulls and even MORE sailors AND......

...the battle and the war.