1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattle from center console

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by icyrius, Jul 11, 2018.

1. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For weeks I have been trying to find the source of a rattle in my Prius V. I suspect it is originating from the bottom of the center console or from under the driver's seat.

Has anyone experienced something similar? How easy is it to take apart the center console?

Thanks!

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Coins in the pull-out cup-holder in the lower console, in front of and under the mode buttons?

3. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I emptied everything and still hear it

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sometimes the coins manage to get jostled out of the holder into the surrounding structure, where they tease and torture the driver until removed... Ask me how I discovered that...

5. prevee5

prevee5 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had a similar rattle. Mine turned out to be coming from the portion of the center console that contains the cupholder and power, eco, normal buttons.

I was able to remove this assembly by pulling up on it by gripping the cupholder and outside area. Then I wrapped a small amount of teflon plumbing tape around a few of the tabs inside and reassembled. Haven’t heard any rattle in years.

Hope this helps.