1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattling Issue in Gen 3 Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ronhowell, Mar 6, 2010.

1. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Folks;

Over the last 10 years I've bought 4 Prius and despite the rattles on this one, I find the 2010 to be the best all-around model year yet. Sure, it could be better in this department but I hardly think this is a show stopper for the majority of folks.

My suggestion (in case you banked at least some "good will" with the dealer) is to take it in and ask them to look at it. In the process, leave the grumpiness at home and appeal to their good side with the help of the salesman (if he/she is still around).

Personally however, I welcome the opportunity to strip the interior plastic trim surfaces for the purpose of sound proofing it... but any specialty shop might be able to do the same without much trouble or big expense.

It is a great car and well worth the little bit of strategic sound proofing it requires. ;)

Cheers;

MSantos

2. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I love my car after yesterday after I fixed the rattle issue (keep my fingre crossed). As for this post I wouldn't recommended with all the problems I am having. I am just very lucky that my best mate works for Toyota and I get everything I want done quickly etc.., and as regards to the foam I put most of them in myself, which normally you would not be able to yourself.

3. PrBuddy

PrBuddy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Take it to your dealer. I had my center console rattles and rear seat squeaks fixed by the dealer's service dept under warranty, at the same visit as the brake SW update. The report said something about "insulation", so apparently they knew to add some padding between the plastic parts. I was able to demonstrate the problems to the technician on our test drive before the service.

THe rattles happened esp. when cold, and so far they have not come back.