1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rattling Noise in Interior

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by fustion, Dec 26, 2020.

1. fustion

fustion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello Everyone!

I have a 2010 Prius with almost around 187k. I’ve noticed that I have some squeaks near the seatbelt on drivers side. There’s also a squeak in the rear but once I put the rear seats down or if anyone sits in the back it’s just disappears. Any idea how those squeaks can be fixed? I hate driving this car from San Diego to Sacramento every 2 weeks because of those squeaks.

2. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Rattles/ squeaks suck.
    Seems you have isolated the area where these are occurring.
    The typically cure is to use felt stripes, foam inserts or double sided tape, even clay.
    The seat belt may be the trim panel area and vibration, so remove and inspect the trim then install deadeners where applicable.
    The rear seat, may be the "leather" rubbing on adjacent areas, felt may be the answer here.
    FWI since squeak, I would doubt that it is the seat latching or brackets (rattle), but don't rule that out.
    Happy squeak hunting :)

fustion likes this.