1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Razr autoconnect problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Scott_R, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I saw some mentions of this issue a while back, but no resolution. I was hoping someone's had an insight since then.

I have an unlocked Razr bought off eBay, which means
    1) it's not an issue of the carrier disabling functions, and
    2) I can't easily return it (can't at all now, actually).

Though I can pair the phone with my Prius, it will not automatically reconnect. Every time I start the Prius up, the Razr must be re-paired. The phone's Bluetooth is turned on and set to connect automatically--it simply won't connect automatically. I get the "Bluetooth connection failed" message, though the car's Auto-Connect is also set.

Any ideas?

2. WWJD08

WWJD08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My first phone connects perfectly , when I try my second phone I get the same error. It has worked twice but now I see the bluetooth light blinking on my phone and I get failure to connect on cars display ????

3. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I put the SIM into a Samsung SGH-T329 and it re-connects perfectly. Apparently, it's something with the Razr.

4. sleonardelli

sleonardelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  5. Joekc

Joekc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I posted this in the other thread, but in case someone misses it down the road:

My wife's Razr V3 and my Blackberry Pearl 8130 both auto connect every time, so it can be done (at least with Verizon). Since it's been 8 months since I set it up, I can't tell you the exact procedure, only that it's possible.

Also, remember if you have two phones registered and you switch users, you have to go deep into the menu system to manually change users. I really hate this -- it's totally unacceptable in a technically sophisticated car.:(

6. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, I did notice--it's dated from last April. Did you notice that I posted there, too? And a pointer to this thread?