1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Re-attaching my 2007 Touring spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Mochabuzz, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Mochabuzz

Mochabuzz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I recently painted my 2007 touring spoiler and I am trying to re-attach it... but I've tried with epoxy and it won't stay secured. Then I tried Liquid Nails (Polyurethane Construction Adhesive) & that is starting to come off on one side). I've already secured the 4 rivets/bolts on the inside of the spoiler to hold it on.... But I need to secure the edges down somehow. Does anyone have any idea what i should do to fix this problem?
    pics are below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can no longer shut the hatchback by holding the spoiler... because it is so brittle. Argh! :(

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    what happened to the hardware that's supposed to hold it on?

3. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have all the hardware you took off when you removed the spoiler? I would assume it would all go back into place is you reattached everything that came off.

You should never shut the hatch with the spoiler. There is a grab handle inside the hatch that you are suppose to use to shut the hatch.

4. Mochabuzz

Mochabuzz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have all the hardware.... But my spoiler was sealed on both sides when I bought it (used). I'm simply trying to reseal the sides of the spoiler again... There are clips on the ends of the spoiler but they don't appear to be working correctly. I'd rather not go to the stealership, but I might have to...

5. Mochabuzz

Mochabuzz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I really appreciate all the helpful people on this forum.... It's great! :)

6. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Are you using the 3 bolts as well as the 4 clips??

When i had my spoiler vinyl wrapped and re-attached, the spoiler was mostly solid using all 7 hardware clips and bolts. However it does flex when using the spoiler to shut the rear gate. Thats why i mainly try to use the lil handle on the underside of the gate to close it - not putting pressure on the spoiler at all.