1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Re-gen EV miles after ICE start

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by crewdog, Apr 28, 2017.

1. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So we've all been there; ICE comes on just a couple miles short of arriving home or at charging station, and maybe if there's not much traffic, terrain is right and am able to go slow, it just may be enough to show some regen miles on the EV meter.

When this happens on the Prime, the meter indicates at 1.2 miles EV range by the time I hit my driveway, or out and about on a downhill.

With the Pip, it indicated 0.6 for the EV miles to show some regen after ICE start on a trip.

wonder what others are seeing?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, double? that is a huge difference. must be better regen and efficiencies.

3. giora

giora Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Reappearing of EV miles due to regen from HV (and the ability to manually switch to EV) is SOC dependent, not EV miles, it happen at about 27% SOC as far as I remember. With the PiP it correspond to ~0.6 miles EV, with the Prime's double battery capacity it makes sense to have 1.2 miles on the estimate for same SOC.
    I assume that with the Prime it takes longer to get there but probably not double the time (all other parameters the same) due to better regen efficiency.