1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Re-map steering wheel buttons

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by zerotosixtysomeday, Oct 1, 2021.

1. zerotosixtysomeday

zerotosixtysomeday New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I recently purchased new controls for my steering wheel in my 2011 Prius base. The new controls have the phone control buttons and it appears as if toyota moved the buttons around slightly. Is there any way to re-map the buttons? The volume up and down still are using their old button locations even though the new buttons have a different orientation.

Attached Files:

2. likearaptor

likearaptor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm not sure if you can, can you pop the old circular buttons out and replace them in the new? Otherwise I think you'll need to cut wires and change them up that way. Hopefully someone has a better idea.

SM-T970 ?

3. zerotosixtysomeday

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Thanks. Do you think the phone buttons will work? The connector was exactly the same, so I would have to imagine the wiring is there.
    I might try to change the pins around as I like the new layout better.

4. likearaptor

likearaptor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If your radio supports phone calls which I imagine it does, it should work I would think :)

SM-T970 ?

5. zerotosixtysomeday

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Lets hope so, but the real problem is how do I remap the other buttons without pulling wires? I am going to compare the pin outs and maybe take a volt meter to them to see what pins are fired with each set. I would imagine this is a software setting somewhere.