1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Re-Tired at 470,000

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul Schenck, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Second set of Bridgestone Ecopia
    If the warrantee hold out that means I won’t need another set of tires until I get to 540,000 miles. They are the best set of tires I’ve had other than what the car came with which was the Goodyear integrity series. In California where the roads are hot, that means you only get about 32,000 miles. I’m sure’s hoping something else goes wrong with this car or I won’t have anything to do on my weekends.

iPhone ?

m.wynn, Aaron Vitolins and SFO like this.
  2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I currently have 31,000 miles on a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus and they are still in great shape. They are run through the Mojave Desert all summer so they spend a lot of time on the hot roads. 40 psi front, 38 rear and rotated every 5,000 miles with the oil change. I've been really impressed with them.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That’s Great, my second set of tires were Perelli‘s recommended by America’s tire I felt my good years that came with the car originally had worn out entirely too fast. I asked them if there was something that would last better. That is why they recommended the Perelli‘s.

As you know there are many things that affect the life of the tire in my case I believe America’s tire didn’t do a good job mounting as the tires war on even despite rotation. Over the 40,000 miles that the tires were on the car they did reduce my gas mileage by 3 miles per gallon. When I return to America’s tire to complain that I had not gotten the performance I expect. They explained that their warranty wasn’t worth anything and so I left and went back Goodyear Integrity series. All of my performance issues disappeared however I was never able to get more than 40,000 miles on a pair a good year integrity series. My next adventure was with Toyo tires that less Schwab recommend it again they reduce my mileage by about 3 miles per gallon over the life of the tires and they tended to squirm around on California’s grooved highway’s. Once again on returning to the tire store they tried to convince me that my problem was a problem with the struts and not with their tires.

I decided after 200 and some thousand miles they replacing the front rear struts would be a good idea and so I did that however not with them and I return back to the Goodyear integrity series and got my usual 42 miles per gallon over the service life of the tire and 40,000 miles. The story would have ended there if not for the traffic tire deal going on at Costco and the tires designed by Bridgestone called Ecopia 54000 miles later I’ve got my second set

iPhone ?