1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reach Dianne Whitmire if you need a Prius

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by DianneWhitmire, Oct 23, 2007.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hi gang!

I'm back. I tried to sign in as me (Dianne) but I can't seem to make the password function right and, can't get the email of it. do not know where it's going. Oh well.

I wanted to mention that if you are Prius (or any hybrid seeking) -- or any Toyota or Scion seeking, reach me! My entire inventory's real-time online, and I am a supporter of Prius Chat from waaay back! I am at Manhattan Beach Toyota/Scion as the Fleet and Internet Sales Director. GREAT deals for all Prius Chat contacts.

Dianne Whitmire
    [email protected]
    www.manhattanbeachtoyota.com

click the NEW INVENTORY button... and feel free to also reach me via phone at 310-939 7801 or cel at 949 689 0717 ... but please reach me and only me?

I need to make sure PriusChat is compensated so it keeps running smoothly!! I also need to make sure YOU receive the best efforts possible.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As a follow-up to Dianne's post...

Dianne will be donating money back to PriusChat for every car that she sells through the site. So, if you're in Southern California and looking for a Prius, be sure to check out Dianne's inventory and tell her that you found her through PriusChat!

3. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    FYI, I contacted Diannne and she is selling for $3k over MSRP touring or base.

4. CarGuy60

CarGuy60 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nuwde, Thanks for that post, her post now seems a bit disengenuous. 3k seems like gouging to me and counter productive to what hybrids can and should be.

5. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree. I anticipated a competitive price (read: at or below MSRP) but she could not. I also mentioned a local place (Longo) that was selling at MSRP and she did not offer anything better than $3k over MSRP.

I just put down my deposit at Longo for MSRP. He's going to fax me the papers, and I will fax that to every dealer in the southwest region to see if anyone can beat it. That's probably my best bet without dealing with salesman tactics.

6. CarGuy60

CarGuy60 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nuwde, I put a deposit at McGee Toyota in Mass for a base and paid sticker no more no less. They let me take a Prius out for a test ride without a salesman. Course i would have walked out if they insisted on a salesman jabbering in my ear as i drove. They seem like a decent dealership. I will probably get killed on my trade, oh well

7. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Check out carmax for your current vehicle. Good luck!! :)

8. bigrichard

bigrichard New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WOW, what a bargain :rolleyes:

:censored: them, I will wait.

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You know, people complain about dealers charging over MSRP as if that was some sort of "magic" price. Remember, even if you pay MSRP, the dealer is walking away with quite a profit; there's nothing "special" or "fair" about MSRP. Dealers will charge what they can get for a car. If you don't want to pay it, go to somewhere that's less expensive. There are dealers out there that sell the car for MSRP. I don't begrudge those like Dianne that are trying to make more of a profit in these high-demand, low supply times; I'm sure she's taking a bath on any Tacomas that she's trying to sell right now. Moreover, she supports Priuschat, so if you're willing to pay significantly above MSRP, it's a good place to go.

10. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    yeah dude, she's making profit on the MSRP + 3k above that. even if she is a supporter of PC, i will not pay that much.

i agree that MSRP is not a magic number, but i think it can be used as a good reference point. very few car buyers who do their research pay anything close to MSRP. usually the exotics and limited production cars demand a premium over MSRP.

the prius is not exotic, however some can make the case it is limited production (demand exceeding supply). i guess it just depends on how long you can wait. i don't need a car right now, so i can wait. i wasn't bad-mouthing the OP. i was just stating at what price she was selling the car.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasn't trying to imply that you were bad-mouthing her. Your post was great, because it means that people who want a reasonable deal for a car are unlikely to go to her.

12. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  13. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Though it is an interesting point to note that she said:
    That doesn't jive with $3k over MSRP. That may not be a BAD deal, but that's not a GREAT deal. Which can't help but make you question her motivations. Sure, who wouldn't support PriusChat if it brings you extra sales over MSRP? That's like all those places that donate a portion of their proceeds to charity (some pitifully small percentage usually) just because they think it will help draw you in. :)

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're completely right. I didn't catch that the first time. I totally agree that this is no where near a "great" deal (much less a "GREAT" deal) and, in fact, I would say it's not any type of "deal."

15. nuwde

nuwde New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  16. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There are 2 parties to this deal, and I'm sure it's a "great deal" for one of them.:croc:

17. kufey

kufey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :peace:lol