1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reached a Milestone!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by EZW1, Apr 10, 2009.

1. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Today, April 9th, I reached a milestone with my '09 Package 5: I reached an Average mileage of 58.0MPG. This is the MFD calculated mileage, not my calculated mileage (which is miles driven divided by gallons to top off). And.. I still have 2 pips on the gas guage. Every time I top off I RESET the computer, so the number shown is on my current tank. Also note: this is a stock Prius - I haven't modified it in any way as it came off the showroom floor.

A week ago I hit 57.9 but it dropped back down to 57.2 when I had some friends in the car and pushed it hard to show off :)

I'll see if it goes any higher when it is time to top off again.

Sorry for the quality of the pic. I took it with my camera phone and I had to hold it quite close so it fills the shot.

Attached Files:

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Excellent. I would be please with that. I am waiting for some warm consistant weather. Hopefully I will be able to match you.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats. Well done.

60+ here you come!!

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nice MPG and nice temp! 75 deg F. I can't wait for those kind of temps.

5. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nice indeed. Unfortunately for me living in CA, the CA blend of gas and the congested driving conspire to make it nearly impossible to top 50, so 58 seems out of reach for me. I usually end up at 47-49 for most tanks.

The 75 degree weather is not far off here, though, so maybe then I can do better!

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!!! 60mpg is just around the corner!

7. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Thanks everyone. Today it went up to 58.1... I know, big dea, right? Anyway I'm donw to 1 pip on the fuel gauge so I doubt It's going to go much higher before I run out. Yup.. the warmer temps are sure helping. We've already had a couple days where the temps were in the 90s so I used the AC. My performance went down a bit. I suspect it is due to the fuzzy logic keeping the power plant up on the power curve to keep the battery charge up. It even feels different while driving.

60MPG is going to be a real challenge!

8. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do what I do. Set your phone camera to its' max resolution. Hold the phone further away so it focuses properly. Afterwards you can just crop the shot in a photo editor. My Samsung 3 MegaPixel also won't focus close enough to fill the shot.

Nice goin on the MPG by the way.