1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Read any good books lately?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Sep 8, 2009.

1. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since he got lost, and the city was lost, maybe he found the city and that's why he's lost. Or something.

2. what the hal

what the hal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My favorites have been: "Three Cups of Tea", a nonfiction about a mountain climber who gets lost in Pakistan and is nursed to health by a very remote village. Another is "The Help", a fiction about 1960s Southern white women and their black servants.

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm half way through Jeff Vandermeer's "City of Saints and Madmen". I really enjoyed his "Shriek: An Afterword" and decided to check out some of his other works.

Also (finally!) reading Carl Sagan's classic "The Demon-Haunted World".

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just finished reading The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. Fantasy adventure in which a race of body snatchers takes over most of the humans on Earth. The twist is that it's told from the point of view of one of the aliens. The personality of the human remains trapped inside the body the alien has taken over, and there is an on-going dialog between the human and the alien. The alien develops sympathy for the human and they become friends. All of this within the context of the struggle of the remaining humans to avoid capture and "insertion" of aliens into their bodies. Very well-written, and a bit of a tear-jerker in places.

Edited for spelling.

5. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just finished the third book of the Millennium series by Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). Could not put it down, so got no sleep at all on the flight from Singapore back to Sydney, and I had to see another client the afternoon of arrival :(.

A very interesting set of stories, that really drag you in.

6. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm about 50 pages in on the third book. I really like the series. Caught the movie of the first book a couple of weeks ago. Highly recommend it, if it is playing by you.