1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Read data from canbus.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Alleg, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Alleg

Alleg New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hi everyone, I decided to ask on this forum because I can't find any good info on the internet.
    I am building a simple display to look at mg1 mg2 torque/power and some other interesting Infos.
    I am using a simple teensy board with a canbus transceiver.
    With a simple program I can see all the traffic on the canbus, I've tried on a Lexus ct200h and saw everything like a Prius 3, but on the Prius 4 I can see only a few messages, tried on a rav4 2019 same, ux 250h same.
    Seems like a firewall for the broadcasted info is kept internal.
    Someone has some suggestions, I'll post a photo of the output asap.
    Thanks for your attention.

2. Alleg

Alleg New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    This is what i read from normal canbus, in the second image is what I'm sending without a response.
    canread.JPG
    code.JPG

3. ihatenoise

ihatenoise Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Are you seeing other CAN messages? You should be at least seeing all the messages described in this dbc opendbc/toyota_prius_2017_pt_generated.dbc at master · commaai/opendbc · GitHub

If not, maybe you are not looking at the right CAN bus?

I never messed around with my car so I'm just guessing... And maybe the message definitions have changed too for TNGA Hybrid cars vs. non-TNGA (Gen 3) for the hybrid system. Seems like no one has really figured out how to get MG1/MG2 information Gen IV Prius Custom PIDs for Torque app | PriusChat

PtPri likes this.