1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reading NAV GPS Coordinates

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jkusnetz, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jkusnetz

jkusnetz New Member

I trying to figure out if it's possible to pull the GPS coordinates from the built in NAV. I'm the one who did the Mac Prius and I'm now wanting to start adding more features beyond controling FrontRow.

I can hook up an external GPS, but I feel that since I already have one built in it would be really cool if I could just get the data directly from it.

2. marcdare

marcdare New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkusnetz @ Jun 1 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]264146[/snapback]</div>
    I gotta tell you jkusnetz, I looked up your macprius link, and I am absolutely blown away with what you were able to do. Bravo. Seriously! I don't know if you've seen our "Solve the '06 Navigation override problem" thread... http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=20218&hl=

If you would, is there any way you could give the problem even a bit of your time? It almost seems so beneath what you are capable of I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but I have to. IF that link doesn't work, to find it in the forum it's "Hack '06 Service Screens" 'together we can override the NAV system'

I wish I could even begin to give you insight pertaining to your question, but it is so beyond my understanding. But thank you for all you do. It's pioneers like you that pave the way for us little guys :)

3. jkusnetz

jkusnetz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greenfoot @ Jun 1 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]264161[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the compliment, but the real compliments go to Norm of the CAN-view, he did the real engineering, I just figuring out how to put things together.

Unfortunately what I did (and the CAN-view for that matter) and figuring out how to override on the '06 are totally different things. I think the only way someone is going to figure out the override is either by dumb luck, or the programers leak some info.

I wish you luck, my father has an '06 so I'm sure getting the override working his car would make him happy. I also hope Norm eventually figures out the video signal for the CAN-view on an '06 - he would have another customer :)