1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

reading websites offline/ RSS feeds?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ualdriver, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi guys-

I have some questions about reading websites/forums such as these offline. What I would like to do is be able to put various forums and websites on my laptop to read later, where I won't have internet access available to me. Also, I would like to be able to "click on the links" while I'm reading offline and be able to to get to the next "layer" of web pages associated with the first, stored on my laptop. I'm not even sure if this is possible but.....

Googling around, it seems that RSS feeds are part of the solution, but I guess I need some blanks filled in. I use Firefox, and for example I clicked on the little RSS symbol on the address bar and now I guess I have a RSS subscription to Priuschat on Firefox.

However, when I click on the little RSS Priuschat folder, there are only about 15 links there, and they haven't changed all day. Obviously Priuschat has far more threads than that, and one would think more should be added as they are created and people add posts?

Considering what I am trying to do (first paragraph), should I be doing RSS or something else?

Thanks
    ualdriver