1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ready light blinking then turns off no start

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Jonathan Faria, May 28, 2020.

1. Jonathan Faria

Jonathan Faria New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I have a 03 Prius with 230k the when I was driving it home the other day It started to misfire like a bent valve I got it home stoped it and started it back up it ran fine no misfire for like 10sec then it went into misfire like it switches over.... I replace pcv and mas changed oil........ when I pull a plug any one of the four it’ll run fine no misfire the second I plugged it back in it goes back to misfire....... it had codes something about pressure and the misfire ones the battery died and now they are erased. I installed new battery and now I get the blinking ready light then it goes off and no codes...... on the dash there are a battery light, turtle, cel, little temp thing. The inverted pump is working when I turn the car to start it I hear a click over like it wants to go into gas engine mode but it doesn’t

2. Josey

Josey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    That was hard to read.

It is 1000% impossible to pull a plug and not have a misfire. In fact, if you literally pull out a spark plug so that the cylinder in question has zero compression I seriously doubt that the ICE would run at all. If you're just pulling a coil off a plug then the car would likely run but misfire badly.

Don't vaguely refer to codes. Specify exactly what you are using to read the codes and post all of the specific and exact codes.

Honestly, it just sounds like you need to take it to a shop.