???? READY LIGHT INOP

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Roger L., May 15, 2019.

1. Roger L.

Roger L. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2012 Prius C Three with 134K miles on it. So I broke off one of the post off one of the hybrid battery modules and it started arcing to the copper plate while driving it and shut off. Towed it back to my house and can't get a ready light now to drive it. Is there a fuse somewhere that could be blown? Note: the 12V battery is good. I even went and purchased a used Hybrid Battery pack complete w/fan assembly and contact modules, installed it but still no "Ready" light. Note: The Orange Plastic Switch is installed, locked down and slid closed. i do have all the error codes illuminated on my dash. ie. "Bad Hybrid Battery" etc. etc.

If I can't get this fixed by this Friday, 17 May '19 I'll have to go purchase a new vehicle, so ANY help Would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! It's got to be something simple I'm forgetting.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think there are fuses near the hybrid battery, 12v battery, drivers footwell, under the hood, maybe a quick scan of the service manual at techinfo.toyota.com

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Have you reset the error codes? The car won't necessarily clear them just because you fixed a problem. You need to clear them and hope that they don't return on the next restart.

How certain are you that your new battery is any good? Replacing one bad battery with another would be an easy way to get your current result.

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Seems drastic to buy a new car instead of asking the dealership for help. Hopefully resetting the code fixes it.

dubit likes this.
  5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Obviously, no one just pops apart an HV battery, snaps off a terminal, slaps it all back together and then tries to drive it. What was the purpose of even touching the HV battery? Something had to trigger this entire episode? Fault codes, running funny, etc?

How about starting from the beginning, so we can have a better idea of what you have going on? I'm sure we can help.

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    nothing but crickets???? Guess a new car is in the books!!

7. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

This right here is why we can’t have nice things. I would bet it blew the fuse in the orange safety disconnect. I’m pretty sure there is one, yes? You can’t expect to short out the HV battery and not expect something bad to happen.