1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ready to buy a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Barb7, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

Wow, a Ferrari at 5 and now a Prius! This girl is moving right up in the world! Glad to hear that you have made what I am confident will be a good decision for you both (Piece of mind for you knowing she will be in a safe car, and cool factor for her... actually, that cool factor will probably cast a pretty long shadow and cover you as well. Not many parent's would be willing or able to do such a wonderful thing for their brand new driver's).

Congrats again on your decision. We will all look forward to hearing when your Prius ship (literally) comes in.

Take care,

Tisza

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    actually you just have to have a family member that was in the military. Technically I do not think they can turn anyone away since it would count as discrimination (only the insurance part). They had to open membership to all to be allowed to sell in certain states I think. They just do not advertise it. I am in the militaryand my dad is retired but my sister still got an account. I would call their insurance section and check with them (it is different that their banking system).

3. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I think you are making a big mistake buying a 2003 for anything over 18k. You can find a 2004 or even a 2005 for the 22k that the dealer was quoting you. In fact I bought my 2005 package BI, brand new, 5 miles on the odometer, for $22864.00 plus tax title and license. Even though 34k miles does not seem like alot of mile the 2004 and 2005 are better handling and roomier cars.