1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Real-time traffic on 2015 Prius v (tech pkg) in Canada?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Jay Doran, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Jay Doran

Jay Doran New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings,

I took delivery of a 2015 Prius v with technology package here in British Columbia on Monday. I made the decision to go with a Prius v based on a friend down in the Seattle area who's got the 2012 model, and have been able to drive that on long road trips with him between there and California. So, I went into my purchase having a fairly good idea of the tech capabilities of the vehicle.

One thing that I've not been able to figure out (and my dealer was unable to help) is turning on the real-time traffic feature for the map. The manual I've got describes that it can be done by going to the Apps menu and then pressing the Traffic icon/button... yet there is no such icon/button within my Apps menu.

I know that traffic information around the Vancouver area is available, as I've seen it displayed for local highways on my friend's Prius v when he's been up here.

So, what am I missing?

Thanks,
    -Jay

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a feature of the Entune apps, so that has to be turned on. Did your car come with a free trial of Entune?

3. Jay Doran

Jay Doran New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't think that Entune was available in Canada, and I don't see that in my Apps menu either.

I know that my friend with the 2012 Prius v doesn't use Enture there, and definitely doesn't have a subscription to that.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's done through SiriusXM. They seem to be having problems because I lost my traffic data after they merged databases in May and my package expired (They say they no longer have a traffic package available for the Prius).

It is available for Canada as I've seen it on my 2010 Tech Pack Prius w/ a similar 7" Denso unit.

The Apps menu may refer to the Harmon Kardon units (they 6.1" screens that are found in lower Prius v models)

5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Or you can pair your NAV unit with your smartphone and share its data service.

That's what we with WinPhones (no Entune app) and without a Sirius subscription do.