1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reality Check... are some Prius owners acting more like cult members?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by billyboy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bhaynnes @ Oct 4 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]328121[/snapback]</div>
    Now why didn't I think of this....instead of stopping in my garage, widen the door to the family room, drive right in, facing the bigscreen!! Brilliant!!

terri

2. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

Shucks,we're not a cult? I was looking for the new "PriusMods" magazine with the good-looking models on the cover. :lol:

3. DavidTO

DavidTO New Member

Calling Billy a troll is pretty harsh, IMO. He wasn't being combative like a troll, and he said himself he bought a prius. I think there's panties in a bunch over nothing. He's got some good points. I'm a Mac guy, too, and I see the same thing in that camp. Heck, I'm guilty of it. I've been on the Mac since '87, and I can be pretty silly about it. Lighten up on the guy, is what I say.

4. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

:D hi prius people. i think you are all just a fun group and we are all a little nuts about prius's. we all have a common ground in talking about our cars and have a lot of fun doing it. and i may say that a lot of good frienships are created over our so called cult group. and if thats so wrong in this mixed up world of ours then some of the people that critisize our little group should take a real good look at who are they to say what we prius chatters can and cant do. we will do just FINE in our little prius world. thank you very much. ;) pete. and i love my prius! :angry:

5. erogla

erogla New Member

if Prius Chat members are a cult, then what would Chevy and Ford and Mopar fans be called?...a SUPER CULT or a Movement..they are HUGE compared to us !

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    News flash: Prius Cult spotted in the Ocala National Forrest
    [​IMG]

John makin the improved Hemp cord cup phone.
    [​IMG]

Some of the 02 Prius crew.
    [​IMG]

Just kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have noticed though, other prius drivers beep beeping at each other like they used to do in the VWs.
    Kinda cool.... (Beep if your Family)

7. Tony_Min

Tony_Min New Member

He is right. I thought I was buying a cute economy car. Now I am obsessed about driving with one eye on the economy bars on the display. I pulse and glide until I get nauseous. I am afraid of pushing the throttle. I spend an hour every night reading posts about the car on this forum. Man I love this car. What happened to me? Is there a cure?

8. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony_Min @ Oct 4 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]328294[/snapback]</div>
    2007 Touring Addition. However, that cure will only last for about a year. :D

9. SiliconAddict

SiliconAddict New Member

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billyboy @ Oct 4 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]327859[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, they do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billyboy @ Oct 4 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]327859[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, they do.

Ever heard of a block heater?

I kiss my dog on the lips.

You got a problem with that?

11. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Whi is the topic starter no longer a registered user?

12. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Oct 4 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]328312[/snapback]</div>
    Moi aussi!! Me too!!

terri

13. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(terri @ Oct 5 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]328403[/snapback]</div>
    My personal motto is " Never fall in love with a depreciating asset. It will never love you back!"

14. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soylent @ Oct 5 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]328402[/snapback]</div>
    Most likely because people started in with the "he's a troll! burn him, burn him!" chant... i know if that happened when i was still new i'd be a bit put off...

15. Jmad1138

Jmad1138 New Member

WOW a Flame war on the Prius chat forum. I guess it was only a matter of time.

16. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Well some people here are complete a$$holes. Im not naming names because most people know who they are and so do the a$$holes themselves. If you are an a$$hole and don’t know it then you are also an idiot. I am not trying to start a fight just pointing out that these certain people can and have run off new members with their high and mighty know everything hoity toity attitude.

So I guess the rest of us are just as bad for letting it happen.

17. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This member got himself banned b/c of his inability to control his temper, direct blatant and overt insults to the members. The offending post was quickly deleted and there's no need to post the PM he sent me. But leave it to say this wasn't a subtle thing, any member, new or old, who was this abusive would be suspended then banned on a second offense....the OP just managed to get his second offense within hours of the first.

That said, the 'troll' posts really do need to be tempered. The original question I, at least, took to be mostly tongue in cheek. Hence my tongue-in-cheek reply. The OP then decided to take my post as a serious challenge to him. Following that came the "He's a troll" stuff and that really set the guy off.

We do, most certainly, have trolls here. If you suspect that they're a troll then do a little research. Is it one of their first posts, are they really trying to piss people off or was it a reasonable question. In this case I don't think this guy was a troll...a jerk, a sociopath, an a**hole, yea, but I don't think he was trolling.

To a degree calling someone a troll, inappropriately, can be construed as a personal attack too.

18. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

You pulled the offending insults off the site so quickly I never knew that it happened. Thank you for that!
    Also, I am sorry for him that this escalated so quickly. I just think he was not use to the snide remarks that are passed back and forth here. Those snide remarks are one of the reasons I love this site. I don't believe anyone ever meant him harm or was offended by his tongue-in-cheek posting. It all seemed light hearted prodding to me. I must say he sure knew how to title a post though.

The whole thing is very sad.

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Oct 5 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]328530[/snapback]</div>
    While I agree that he was probably not used to the give and take here, what was the final straw was when I sent him his warning and restricted his posting (I didn't, initially, ban or suspend him, just put his posts on moderation for the cursing and personal attacks as it was his first offense) he PM'd me back with a rude onslaught of insults and showed zero remorse for his attacks and no evidence what so ever that he understood what he'd done. I had and have no doubt this would not have been the last time this individual would have reacted in such a socially unacceptible way on this forum and had no hesitation to ban him at all. If he's got the audacity to insult the members of this community (tongue in cheek or not) he'd better have thick enough skin to accept the consequences from those whom he offended.

20. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I miss all the good posts. :angry: I don't know about a cult but PriusChat has the feel of the early ComUserve Mac board. The place where we had to make our own cable for a modem because Apple did not make one and used Red Rider to get on line with our Macs. If that is a cult then I guess we are a cult. Those were good times and are good times and the Mac is still around. How many remember the Mac Evangelist and the Mac Marines. I digress. Yes I name cars. Got it from my Grandfather. It facilitates cursing or praising them. I keep my baby warm at night but we are way past the electric blanket thing we have block heaters for winter! Also radiator blockers to keep the cold air out in winter. Lots of car enthusiasts give each other the high sign. VW bug drivers did it for years. SAAB drivers flash their lights at each other or did. So that is not new. We are having fun and that is all the counts! Can I borrow a cup of bat blood from some one? I will replace it next time I visit the PriusChat store! B)