1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reality Check... are some Prius owners acting more like cult members?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by billyboy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    and here I was planning on installing a solar panel with a block-heater to keep the engine oil warm this winter...

...spending 600$ to possibly save 2$... hmmmm

Nah, it has to be the fun factor, being able to actually do something that does have an impact on the environment, no matter how small.

With so many engineers retiring & retired, start working on Hybrid Motor Boats and JetSkis. Both are luxury items and highly polluting.
    (except perhaps the 4-stroke Honda outboard?)

2. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(terri @ Oct 4 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]328155[/snapback]</div>
    You don't need to widen no steenkin' door. Just drive it through. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 5 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]328438[/snapback]</div>
    I humbly apologize for mistaking the a**hole, jerk sociopath for a troll. :D

3. DavidTO

DavidTO New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 5 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]328438[/snapback]</div>
    Evan:

As a moderator on another forum, I can certainly understand your need to ban him, and the reasons. It's probably the most important job of a moderator, to build a community that is based on respectful, informative and fun dialog. The fun and the respectful are the toughest, especially since fun can often be misinterpreted as disrespectful, or worse yet, can be used as a way to hide your disrespect.

In any case, I have found that when this happens there are lessons to be learned on both sides. Certainly I am making no excuses for how he acted in his deleted posts, or in his PMs that followed. And yet I need to say that the thin-skinned reactions on our community's part need to be addressed as well. (Which you've started to do.)

All:

We're a bunch of odd folk, oddly obsessed with this odd little car. We know it, he pointed it out. But as far as policing for trolls, when they appear, we just need to make sure that we don't play into their game. And use the moderators, that's what they're there for. Use the report button if a post bothers you. Say something without escalating the battle.

That's all I have to say.

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dr. Fusco, sorry to learn that you've been assulted in this manner.

In an attempt to add a bit of positivity to the situation, I've taken a bit of time and re-thought some of what I've said -- and specifically, two cartoons -- which I've posted in the last month.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised with myself. This is the first forum in which I've participated, but that's no excuse.

So I just wanted to say publically that I'm going to make an effort to think a bit more before posting...oh, and while I'm at it...IsraelAmerican Prius (pardon me if I've misspelled your handle) I hope you'll accept my personal apology for offending you as you'd indicated I did.

--Natalie

5. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DavidTO @ Oct 5 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]328578[/snapback]</div>
    Moderator on another forum here also. I've been a moderator since the days of the old BBS. I don't think anyone was being thin skinned. You gotta nip the nasty ones in the bud. He had started to get pretty nasty before getting labled a troll. If you climb into the sand box and start kicking sand in folks face, you gott be ready for a less than happy response.

6. ralphbongo

ralphbongo New Member

When I was a kid I had a troll living under my bed. I sure do miss her :p Now pardon me while I wash the under-side of my Prius. :lol:

7. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

To the original poster:

Lighten up, dude. A lot of people on this site are highly respectful normal people. They just know how to get silly for silly sakes behind the safe while taking advantage of the anonymity of the internet.

8. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busyrosy @ Oct 5 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]328651[/snapback]</div>

Highly repectful? Normal? OK, now I got my dander up. :blink:

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been online in various forums for almost 20 years now. I am/have been an admin in my share of them, too, and I know a troll when I see one.

He was a troll, the same type who joins a Star Trek group and says "Get a life! It's just a TV show!"

Not that I've ever been a member of a Star Trek forum, but that's the canonical example.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 5 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]328698[/snapback]</div>
    That completely reminds me of when Triumph the insult dog visited the opening of one of the star wars movies....

I guess Triumph is the ultimate troll....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=89...+wars&hl=en

11. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Oct 4 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]327895[/snapback]</div>
    Well, we do believe in regeneration. :p

12. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 4 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]328038[/snapback]</div>

Hey Squiddly, did you really sell it?????

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Troll is here, trust me it is here, lurking under another name, feeding on our energy in this discussion. We need to smoke him or her out expose and extradite this evil in community before it sucks us all dry. Sorry it is getting closer to Halloween and I am trying to get in the spirit. Any way it is around lurking.

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, who checked out the instructions for troll exocisms from the Cult library and didn't return it? Fess up!

15. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh man... we don't have to sacrifice a hybrid battery again do we?

16. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Oct 5 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]328790[/snapback]</div>
    Unless someone comes forward with those instructions and a quart of Toyota Super Long Life Coolant we will. And I don't want any whining or complaining this time. 206 volt shocks are not that bad people.

17. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Oct 5 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]328790[/snapback]</div>
    No - remember, we're dealing with evil, so we have to sacrifice a Hummer.

18. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 6 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]328806[/snapback]</div>

please tell me it has to be an H1... or one of each model! cause theres soo many cult members here!

19. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 5 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]328698[/snapback]</div>
    uhhh...Wasn't that William Shatner? :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 6 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]328806[/snapback]</div>
    We get hummers if we're BAD?? I'm really confused...

20. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Oct 6 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]328827[/snapback]</div>
    Just get your Kool-aid and have a seat....it will all be very clear very soon.... :blink: