1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

reapply carpool stickers to new bumper

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kingkong5, Dec 10, 2009.

1. kingkong5

kingkong5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As posted in another thread, I was in a small fender bender on the I-5 South near City of Industry about a month back. Since I was rear ended, and it was the other, uninsured, driver's fault, my insurance picked up the tab for the repairs. It cost $9700 to reweld the frame pieces and put in a new back end on the car. It looks very nice now!

The body shop was able to peel off the carpool stickers without causing the VOID to pop up, but the stickers are no longer sticky. They're not damaged or ripped. I was going to send them in earlier for replacement, but the shop insisted they might be able to do the transfer cleanly, since they'd done it before.

I had to go through about a 5 to 6 week process when I first got the car back in July to get replacement stickers. Pay the $8 fee, send in the stickers along with a statement of facts and the application. I don't want to wait that long again.

So, do any of you fine members know of a way I can reapply the stickers to the new bumper? They are not damaged, they are my stickers, and they go with this car. I still have the certificate/card that goes with the serial numbers and my car.

A couple things I was thinking of was buying some spray adhesive from home depot, spray onto backside of stickers and stick to bumper. I just wonder how the glue will react over time, and through car washes. Another solution may be to get a clearbra installation place to clearbra over the sticker, thus protecting the sticker and making it stick at the same time. Any issues with either solution, any preference? Or should I just sac up, and send out for new stickers and wait?