1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear ac will not shut off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mike1158, Feb 26, 2013.

1. mike1158

mike1158 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yes i already checked them out. i called toyota about making an exception on the warranty and i will find out tomorrow. if they dont i will be buying a battery from those guys and installing it myself. im rather upset that i had a complete failure at 110k with proper maintence throughout the life of the car. although i really dont know what maintence you can do for that battery. there wasnt even much buildup at all on the cooling fan. in fact hardly any.

2. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, occasionally it happens. Its unusual, rare, but you are apparently the exception this time around.

Hang in there - once you get the new battery in, she'll be good to go for another 200k at least!

And good luck with Toyota. They do work with people. If they say no, challenge it. Explain your loyalty to the company and your overall satisfaction with the product up until this point. Threaten to kidnap their children. Haha just kidding on the last part, just wanted to see if you guys are all paying attention :D

3. mike1158

mike1158 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    lol i tried to swing a military and war veteran discount but they didnt seem to care lol

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I gotta admit I did too. I flailed around so much laughing that I nearly spilled the coffee in the front drink holder of my computer tower. You know, the one with the tray that pops out when you press the little button on the front of the computer. :rolleyes:

5. mike1158

mike1158 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i see what you did there.... and i like it.... defending my honor and shit =)

6. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hehe sorry Mike. Yeah it was a bit of a cheap shot.:p

I hope you get your battery sorted out alright. :)