1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear bumper removal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bill Collins, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Bill Collins

Bill Collins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Someone bumped my bumper in the rear passenger side corner ..I looked at a few videos on You-Tube and did the Hot Glue thing . This got most of the dent out but theres still two small dings I can't pull.. I suppose I'm going to have to remove or loosen the side and a little of the rear of the bumper. Anyone know how to go about this .Like how to remove where the bumper meets the body. It's a horizontal connection . what tools I need? etc

2. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hey, although I can't advise you how to do it, but I can tell you this ISN'T PLUG-IN-Prius specific (the section you posted this is for Specific to PIP) you should attempt posting this in a general or maintenance also you can can try looking up "back up sensor" installs on Prius chat because that requires removing bumpers; best of luck!

3. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is a battery area cover that may be involved in bumper removal, so it may be PIP-specific. Anyone know for sure?

4. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they have the same part number so....

5. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You mean the bumper? Yes, same part. I'm saying that you probably have to remove the rear battery pack cover to get the bumper off, and the non-PHEV Prius doesn't have one of those - the space is open.