1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear bumper spoiler end install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by A Neon Guy, Oct 16, 2015.

1. A Neon Guy

A Neon Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How do you get to the two blue plastic clips? An elderly neighbor backed over a tree stump and mangled the right side spoiler 52108-47010 on her '09 Prius. I have it apart and the holes for the blue clips on the spoiler are ripped. I don't really see how to get to the other side of the bumper cover to push in the clips. I hope I don't have to pull the whole bumper cover. I am trying to locate a used one but they all are priced too high on eBay. Anyone have a spare they are willing to sell cheap? (less than $50 shipped)
    As you see from the screen name I am very familiar with Neons but a total noob for a Prius.

2. A Neon Guy

A Neon Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No one's ever played with the rear bumper? I'm hitting a self serve junkyard Tuesday, I'll post results.

#2 A Neon Guy, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  3. A Neon Guy

A Neon Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Went to two yards. Only one Prius and it was the wrong year.:(

4. Dino33ca

Dino33ca Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good luck. Priis are hard to find at some wrecking yards, up here anyways. Maybe phone around to see who has the most in stock...

5. A Neon Guy

A Neon Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I finally found this spoiler part at a self serve junkyard in SE Wisconsin for $20. I had to remove the10 mm bolt in the wheel well holding the top of the bumper cover. Then just the side of the bumper cover needed to be unsnapped from it's plastic bracket. The bumper cover is flexible enough to then pull away from the body to reach the two blue plastic clips. The bumper cover snaps back into place and the part installs and looks like nothing ever happened.

Dino33ca likes this.