1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear camera display changed?

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by cornflakes, Nov 30, 2012.

1. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I followed the other thread in here to install a rear camera that's hooked to the navi system. It works wonderfully and I'm so pleased with it.

I noticed the past couple of days the display had changed. The red/yellow/green guide lines are bolder and longer than how it used to be. Also the previous display had little numbers that suggest the estimated distance.

See attached for an idea of what I'm talking about.

Here's the weird thing... This "new" display doesn't always come up. Sometimes I'll see the original display.

I haven't updated the software or anything lately, unless Entunes updated over my iPhone's Internet connection without asking.

Not that this new display bothers me, but I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Any ideas? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354262573.953952.jpg

2. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I would say that this is something related to the camera itself. HU does not provide any info except "Check surrounding for safety".

3. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That's interesting! I didn't realize the grid lines were not part of the HU! Thanks for that info!

4. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No they are not. I am confident, cause I also used different video source (without any lines) during installation and there were no grid lines on the HU either. When I plugged my rear view camera into my TV (before installation, in order to make sure that the camera works) I could see the grid lines on TV:)

5. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Awesome! Thanks for that info!