1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear dashcam wiring path suggestions? (2017 Prius)

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Wraiththe, Jan 4, 2022.

1. HopefulGasSipper

HopefulGasSipper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks.

Doesn't that light come on when the entire car is switched to the door open activating the lights? I swear it is... If I recall correctly it only turns on when the back hatch is opened. But, when the back hatch is open it also activates the dome light. Car's at the store. Can't check now. Hoping my memory isn't fooling me.

PS a project I was thinking of for my 4Runner was to put some headliner lights (think "stadium lights") surrounding the cargo area aimed towards the area, tied into that side bay light. If the little side light turns on, you can easily tie in a wire and get a couple of those little surface mount LEDs with plastic lenses on them that diffuse the light a bit.

I'm rambling... The idea is that the cargo lights will go on when the individual light is switched on or controlled by the "door open" setting on the dome light.

#21 HopefulGasSipper, Sep 15, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  2. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    That one on the side got bashed in by some piece of equipment I had in the trunk. I need to replace it, and it was always so very f'n terrible that I should just wire some other non-Toyota light instead.