1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Drivers side drum not engaging

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by joejo, Apr 25, 2013.

1. joejo

joejo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    2006 prius 130k

I replaced the rear drum brakes, wheel cylinders, and bled the brakes. I discovered on drivers side, that no matter how much bleeding, the brake does not engage on the rear drivers side. While bleeding, I discovered very little pressure. The brake light, VSC, ABS, and ! lights remain lit while the cars on. Does this sound like a master cylinder or ABS failure? Can the autoenginuity scan this issue?

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Try getting the blink codes from the ABS system. You short pins 4 and 13 of DLC3, and watch the blinky lights on the dash:

ABS, VSC Lights... Weird!! | PriusChat

That will eliminate some guess work. Don't know about Autoenginuity, but the mini VCI does the brakes.

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If you tried bleeding the brakes the same as any other car that is the problem. As nh70 said you need the mini VCI and a laptop with Techstream software "comes with VCI" to do the job successfully.

John (Britprius)