1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear end damage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Trixie LaRue, Dec 18, 2019.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Never Mind..I see resolution through conventional method was already reached.

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    What state are you in. I ask so folks can advise you about making a "diminution of value" claim for the loss of value caused by the accident when you sell the car that had an accident showing up on its record. One of the first things potential buyers ask about is previous accident history. So it is fair that you be compensated as your car has, by the accident, lost value.

Insist that the frame be measured either against a jig or by a laser measuring machine.

If it turns out all that is damaged are the support brackets, the crossbar, the Styrofoam and the bumper cover, that is different than if the frame is bent and you are entitled to know which it is and the repair shop should be prepared to tell you the results as part of the estimate.

I was hit by a young girl in a small carr from behind. She really wasn't morally at fault though legally she was. My car was repaired properly and the cost was maybe $2k. I disclosed the fact and provided documentation to the buyer of my car in the form of the repair invoice and before the repair pictures. I've also totaled a car, my fault. Distracted. $26k damage to my car not worth fixing. Nothing to the truck I hit. In both cases I enlisted my insurance company. I choose the repair facility in both cases. I was prepared to pay the difference to have it done right. In both cases, the payoff from the insurance company was fair and complete.

Good luck.

jerrymildred likes this.