1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Hatch handle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by etyler88, Jul 15, 2005.

1. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    No Marlin, I honestly never thought much about it. I was accustomed to using a FOB to lock/unlock my previous car, so it was totally natural to me to do the same with the Prius.

When I finally figured the black button locked the doors, and then the epiphany of never having to EVER touch the FOB/keychain with SS/SE was AMAZING!

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Fred,
    I understand. The point I was trying to make was that with the handle on the license plate you can just pull it down in one motion and it will latch. Normally the reason ot open the hatch is to get something out of it. If so, at least one hand is full and to pull down on the inside handle and then have to push on the emblem is cumbersome at best.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

When I first got my car, I thougth the button was to unlock the car. Didn't have a chance to read the manual then, I just bought it and was showing it off to my parents (who live very close by to where I do).

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My husband still will occasionally press the button to unlock... i always give him a hard time about it.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I did confirm by the way, that buttons and handle will only respond if the fob is near that one.

So, if your passenger tries to lock or unlock the car from his side using SKS exclusive buttons/sensors, then the car won't lock or unlock unless you happen to be standing near him/her.