1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Hatch Lift - Boot Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by timbalan77, Jul 7, 2017.

1. timbalan77

timbalan77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi all,
    I have an 09 Touring Package #6. Somehow the rubber boot on my rear hatch lift has begun disintegrating - it's sticky, leaves black residue every one I lift the rear, etc. I went to the dealership to get a new rubber boot, and they indicated I need a whole new assembly (incl. key fob sensor, etc.) - which is around $120.

Does that sound right? I'm not clear why I can't just get a replacement boot. If anyone thinks I can just get the boot, can you please provide a part #? I went to O'Reilly's, but they weren't able to ID the part I need.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You can get some shower pan liner from Home Depot. I got a piece of scrap for nothing, cut to size drill to screw holes, scrap clean old rubber (be careful to not damage switch), apply silicon for adhesive/water barrier, let set, and put screws back in. It still is going excellent for the last 5+ years.

4. timbalan77

timbalan77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I think my use of the word "boot" in my search threw me off (I promise I tried :) ).

Anyway, I appreciate both of the quick responses - looks like this topic has been exhausted, so I'll read through everything (and look at the DIY method as well).

Thanks!

bisco likes this.
  5. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II

$17.95 (inc shipping)