1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear hatch squeaking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ltu1542hvy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. fern

fern New Member

Hey all,

I just wanted to say thanks to this thread. I got a tideland pearl 3 weeks ago and noticed a squeak a couple days ago. I was worried about it until i read this thread. I went thru the checklist and found the problem. One of my back seats was not latched correctly.

thanks!
    ~fern

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad it was so simple, fern. :wink:. Every body here is so helpful, :lol:

3. SDiego

SDiego New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My one month old prius has a small squeek that just started a few days ago. Its the trim around the rearview mirror. I can squeese the trim and the squeak will stop. Only happens once in awhile.

4. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Also be suspicius of soda cans in the front door holders or the center consol holders. I have found that those can rattle up a storm. ( aside to the makers of interior leather stuff: How about a liner for the door well and the center cup holders?) I have also noticed the sunglasses holder by the rearview mirror will rattle ocasionally. If I push slightly by the latch, it stops. It is pretty rare, so I'm not going to worry about it for now.