1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear lower light assembly removal instruction needed

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by 17primesilver, Mar 24, 2018.

1. 17primesilver

17primesilver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    while changing the reverse bulb, the bulb felt in the assembly, tried to use a sticky silicone to stick it back out, now the damn silicone putty is in there too. :( I want to remove the entire assembly so i can let gravity do the job. since its such an awkward location, I wonder can i remove the assembly "blind" without removing the entire back bumper and 500 other pieces? anyone got any diagram? thanks.

2. 17primesilver

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    upload_2018-3-24_17-28-54.png

3 black arrows are where the screws are, fyi.

Diemaster and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  3. Diemaster

Diemaster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I used "security wire" to wire in my LED bulbs to the sockets so this would never happen. it was a pain in the butt enough to just get back there. sadly, i didn't take pics.

i always wondered why toyota used bulbs for this instead of making a small LED board; literally the only exterior bulbs on the entire car.

Tyfly likes this.
  4. 17primesilver

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Good thought on the "security wire", i wish i read it before putting it back, too late now. Yeah, its funny that japanese cars used to have a rep for easily serviceable, now I think its definitely not the most service friendly thing out there. cost me $15 with TIS too.