1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear right seat belt replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jcrew6311, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Jcrew6311

Jcrew6311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hello, I'm new here. I have a 2008 Prius and my son's rear right passenger side seat belt is no longer retracting. I have no idea why, I've taken it off, messed with it, everything and it's just stuck. I want to replace it for obvious safety reasons. Is this a job better done at the dealer or does anyone have steps on how to diy? I've done a lot of diy stuff to the car, but can't find directions online for how to do this.

2. Jcrew6311

Jcrew6311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Bumping this in hopes of a reply.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't recall anyone posting doing any type of work on the rear seat belts, so you just might be the pioneer.

If you have already taken it off and found it "just stuck", I would think you just need to buy a new belt assembly (or find a good one from a wrecker. Not understanding with what you need help.

I've attached the repair manual that covers removal, inspection and installation of the rear outer belts.

Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

frodoz737 likes this.
  4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you've taken it off, it's just a couple bolts holding it. Put it back the same way.

You can buy them cheap anywhere you can find a junker/wrecked car. The rear seat belt rarely fails and sometimes never used.

Skibob likes this.