1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear speakers volume adjustment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ed@ny, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ed@ny

ed@ny New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all,
    Just purchased a Prius III a week ago, like it so far. But one thing I have not figured out is how to adjust the rear speakers volume. My Prius has a JBL system, the two front speaks are quite strong, but the rear ones are not. On my other car, Camry, the volume can be easily adjusted to make either the front or rear speakers loud / light / balanced. How to do this in Prius? I believe it must be capable of doing such a basic thing, right?

Thanks,
    Ed

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can adjust the fade control, when listening to an audio input, by pressing the sound button, then adjusting as you like.

More info in the manual. ;)

3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Page 319 in the manual.

4. fairfieldwizard

fairfieldwizard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You will only be able to adjust this a little. There are other posts on this forum- common complaint with the JBL system- sounds great overall but rear door speaker volume is very low.

5. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is what i have posted in the past about this intentional muting of the rear speakers:

6. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK peeps, I'm a newbie here and I too noticed the rear speaker volume to be weak even if I was to fade all volume to the rear using the touch screen on the JBL. This is normal?

Craig